The Spiritual Chardham yatra begins from April-May and continues till Oct-Nov each year. April to June is the best time for Char Dham Yatra, as you can enjoy the scenic beauty of the environment with most comfortable weather and climate.
Traditionally Chardham Yatra start from west to east in Clockwise Direction, this means the yatra starts from Yamunotri, proceeding to Gangotri, Kedarnath and then terminates at Badrinath. All these four holy places Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri have their own Significance, Legends, Mythology and history. Majority of Hindus believe that one should visit Char Dhams atleast once in their lifetime to get salvation.
- Yamunotri Dham Kapat Opening Ceremony Date 28th April 2017
- Gangotri Dham Kapat Opening Ceremony Date 28th April 2017, at 11:30 am
- Shri Badrinath Dham Kapat Opening Ceremony Date 6th May 2017, at 4:15 am
- Shri Kedarnath Dham Kapat Opening Ceremony Date 3rd May 2017, at 8:50 am
- Shri Hemkunt Sahib Opening Ceremony Date 25th May 2017, at 9:00 am